Summer Reading: 2012

Last summer, I decided to make a list of weekly readings to try to tackle; I'd made summer reading lists in the past, but without the weekly structure, I usually ended up reading less than I would have liked.

It's a bit of mental gimmickry to make a college-style syllabus for myself, but it works (at least for me)! So without further ado, here's what I've tentatively planned for myself for the next couple of months:
***I'm also trying to fit Hemingway's A Moveable Feast in there somewhere, but that shouldn't be too hard. I'm a bit skeptical of my being able to finish Gravity's Rainbow in two weeks, but it can't hurt to try, can it? 

Also, I just finished The Castle last night; as expected, it was alienating and utterly strange. There was also a ton of dialogue! At times, I could imagine a re-envisioning of the story as a collection of short stories, as told by Barnabas, Pepi, Olga, etc.. The new Peter Mendelsund covers are great, too.

Comments